Monday, August 14, 2006



3:33...just came in from my little jaunt

forgot
it is tourist season at daytona...only 30 miles away but a soso ride with traffic
god how i long for the ocean
been away too long from Mer
the everydayâs set in so
talked with her a bit
we are sisters
she and i talked about giea
even though she (Giea)listened
mostly about girl things
she gave me a few ideas for some new paintings
i asked her why her gates have all these parking lots
steel sentinels gazing out toward her depths
they don't respect her
oilin and pissin and treading all over her pristine sands
and all her daughters and sons
preening and stroking their flesh with oils
some others
like me
all dressed warm and shivering in the 60 degree winds
snow birds standing almost naked in their pretended worshiping
Mer knows my ache and longing
still present in the dream that never sleeps
funny how dark glasses makes one feel invisible
maybe i was
i walked bearfoot in her foam like tentacles
had to chase a few of them
low tide , you know
i wore all white
and a white vest used in ritual a long time ago
roses on the pockets
i prayed
and laughed
and wanted to shout but
didn't want to scare the children
heehee
thought about beauty
and vanity
and conceit
how i used to strut nearly naked
and say to my lovers
"Love me for my beauty"
and they did for a while
i used to wonder if they knew
the millions of women that they slept with
when they came to me
then i would say to my lovers
"Love me as I love you"
they would look at me as a deer might
as the trigger is about to snap
...........and flee
then i would ask my lovers
"Meet me at heaven's gate"
but they never showed
so now as beauty fades
and fear has no place
and pristine sand is so far beneath the surface..
i ask my knowing lovers
"Let me love you. You have no need to touch...or run...
or even meet me at heaven's gate
just permit me to love."
Mer laughed heartily at all my musings
and said
"this love you feel ...
what do you do with it"
i said
"i create"
"ahh "
she said
"than you DO know the Goddess"
t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home