Monday, August 28, 2006

hound of god
http://www.stmatthewscathedral.org/

http://www.stmatthewscathedral.org/restoration.html

Last night I went with Shaheda and her son to see St. Matthew'sCathedral, here in DC
I am still in thrall. The murals and mosaics arebreathtaking. We stayed for the mass and heard an inspired preacherwho spoke of culture and the bible passages.Of all the beautiful art that surrounded me, the most impressive wasthe sculpture of Our Lady

http://www.stmatthewscathedral.org/ourladyschapel.html


I wish there was a bigger pic of this but perhaps on your computersyou can see the detail.NEVER have I seen her portrayed in this gesture. The longer I staredat her the more complex I realized the gesture to bee.I am nowlooking for more detail on the creation of this form and its artist.

Tell me ....what do you see????

Also.....When we first approached the cathedral I saw this amazing woman wholooked straight out of an old Garbo movie. Exquisitestance ...walked with a purpose and had a long black cape flowingover her shoulder. For a moment I thought of the old Nuns from mychildhood except she had her makeup on to perfection. I would haveguessed her to be about 60 or so maybe older.But her presence caughtme up and held my attention as if she was encased in a time warp.Later during the mass I saw her come up to communion and again sheflowed between the other parishoners as if she herself was invisable.After the mass I went over to some friends and heard some of the peoplewe had met at the church talking about her.It seems they say she is a bit excentric and homeless.And that every night ,after they close and lock the doors of thecathedral. ...she sets up a lounge chair with an umbrella on thesteps of the church and stays there. She tells them that she isthere to perform a healing.Well ...being a patron of the "foot in both worlds "I was impressedwith her psychosis. What a profound choice.I caught her eyes as she was setting up after church and we smiledat each other. Then I waved goodbye.

I think I saw, in that instant, an angel.....
don't make me explain...or qualify the grounding of our illusions but see it as metaphor.....and take instructions from the environment

isn't all life a metaphor???

anyways....

I step lighter knowing there is a being focused for our healing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home