Friday, January 13, 2006






















what i will never understand
Is
why
I linger at the door
the darkened shore
knowing that far fainter callings
might be willing to return
or cast a hungry eye my way
and share a beaconed path
across the endless fathoms
grids
above
below
east and west
it shatters all our dreams
with
life's divisions
ancient portraits
lost portrayals
marking entrance
to the sacred groves behind me
while i ache this vision out to sea

what makes a pilgrim worthy
to proceed
i've yet to understand
the longing or the dance of endless dreams
the ones that
still mask faces in the sky
and apparitions in a crowd
and flocks of sea birds
in the thrall of change
the only knowing is that knowing
and the only key
is in the eyes
i sea
the fiercest storm
mountains of blue bending waves
that crash upon the sands beneath my feet
both hold and shift
these feet that finds the tide
and ticks the levels of the moon
waste high
it holds me fast

while I both drink and drown beneath her surf
willing captive
to the ruddy skies' reflections in the moistened shore
but somewhere I demand
a place or rest
of peace
to turn the habit of the days
and mark with pen in hand
the vision of a hope for
wirness in the round

more than a bard
or scribe
but evening tide
but banter brew and brine

across the table with a friend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home